Wednesday, October 10, 2012

Vegan veggie chowder

This soup turned out deeeeeeeeeeee-licious and I altered it to be completely vegan.

Here is a link to the original recipe:
http://luluthebaker.blogspot.com/2011/09/cheesy-vegetable-chowder.html

Instead of butter I used Earth Balance
Instead of chicken broth I used 2 Edward & Sons Not Chik'n bouillon and made 4 cups of broth
Instead of cheese I used 1.5 cups of nutritional yeast (you can add more or less to your taste)
Instead of milk I used unsweetened almond milk (you can use whatever dairy free milk you like though, I just prefer almond milk)

I also didn't have 2 large baking potatoes so I used 4 small red potatoes and I kept the skins on. I usually leave the skins on even if the recipe calls for them be peeled 1. because I am lazy and 2. the nutritional value in potatoes is in the skin.

This was the outcome, and it was awesome!








It got Nom-noms approval from my fiance :) Look at that face.




Pin It!

No comments:

Post a Comment